Implementing Outcomes and Evaluation Strategies to Inform Collaborative Work
These resources and tools support collaborations in tracking their progress and developing a feedback loop to allow results and evaluation to inform collaborative strategies and shared activities.
- A Brief Introduction to Evaluation – This resource outlines and describes several components of evaluation, including defining evaluation, standards and principles of evaluation, logic models and designing evaluation.
- Achieving Results Resource Guide – This set of resources offers guidance and tools to assist in reporting desired results, indicators and performance measures of collaborative work. Tool content covers mapping results/goals against the measurement, or indicator, that will show progress on the goal; aligning goals, measurement and performance targets; ranking strategies by effectiveness; and linking the progress on local efforts to state indicators.
- Evaluating Collective Impact – This resource in presentation form provides information on the differences between evaluating a collective impact initiative and embedding shared measurement into the work of the initiative. The content offers sample indicators for measuring aspects of a collective impact approach.
- Guide to Evaluating Collective Impact: Supplement - This tool offers guidance on selecting the questions, outcomes, and indicators that an initiative’s evaluation may focus on. The guide provides a set of sample evaluation questions, outcomes, and indicators that collective impact partners may consider when selecting early indicators of progress or planning for an evaluation.
- Purposeful Partnerships in the Community Interest – This flow chart discerns if the community interest are included in the overall partnership’s efforts.
- Logic Model Worksheet – This resource includes an overview of the components of a logic model and a tool for completing a logic model.
- Evaluation Report Outline – This report is a detailed guide of what to include in each section of a formal written evaluation.
- Community Level Samples
- Theory of Change – This community sample graphically shows a theory of change in one community.
- Outcomes and Benchmarks – This community sample demonstrates an approach for messaging the collaboration’s outcomes and benchmarks with linkage to key strategies of the work.