My work is…
involved with helping mixed-delivery action labs launch and support the work to improve how state early childhood care and education (ECCE) systems serve young children and families, particularly for racially, economically, and geographically marginalized BIPOC communities. I also help ensure that strong feedback loops exist to the state to remove barriers and improve programs, policies, and practice.
I do this work because…
I have seen the positive effects of children’s exposure to quality early childhood education as a former pre-kindergarten teacher. And I want all children to have that same access. Black and Brown communities deserve to have children dictate and live their full self-determination.
An aspect of my work that excites me is…
being able to help families navigate the complex system of early childhood education and care.
I enjoy the challenge of…
smoking a beef brisket and learning French and piano.
- Senior Equity Research Associate, Prenatal-to-Three Policy Impact Center at Vanderbilt University
- Research Consultant, National Center for Montessori in the Public Sector
- PhD, Education Administration & Policy – University of Georgia
- MAT, Early Childhood Education – Mercer University
- BA, Business Administration – Morehouse College