My work is…
Supporting the work of MN’s Preschool Development Grant to research, design and develop a Compensation Parity Prototype in addition to implementing other innovative workforce transformation efforts that will impact and uplift communities that have been historically marginalized by the early childhood system.
I do this work because…
after over 15 years as a classroom teacher in Head Start and Montessori environments, I see the need to have a system that is responsive to the realities facing early childhood professionals, families and children. Advocating for and centering the voices of our early childhood workforce to inform policies is an essential piece of the puzzle. I am excited for the opportunity to influence systemic changes that promote the dignity of children and early childhood professionals.
When the day is done…
you can find me running around one of the Minneapolis lakes, curling up on the couch with my family or on the deck with a book from my never-ending stack.
- CARE Fellow, Child Care Aware MN 2022
- Adjunct, St. Catherine University, St. Paul, MN 2021
- Children’s House Guide, Twin Cities area Montessori Schools 2009-2023
- Pearson Teacher Fellow, Jumpstart for Young Children, Boston 2007-2009
- Equity and Diversity Certificate, University of Minnesota, 2020
- Master of Arts in Education, St. Catherine University, 2014
- American Montessori Society Early Childhood Credential, 2011
- BA in Theater and Fine Arts, University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire, 2007