State Services Liaison
At BUILD I…
work as a State Services Liaison.
I do this work because…
I believe systems building is the only way to support young children and families to be their best.
An aspect of my work that excites me is…
working with state leaders to create sustainable pathways to economic stability.
I am most proud of…
my work with fathers parenting young children. Fathers are critical to family stability, yet they are often left out or thought about last.
When the day is done…
I like to unwind and indulge in radical self-care and get ready to start another impactful day at BUILD.
I have spent the last decade developing culturally responsive health systems.
- Vice President at Better Futures Minnesota, an organization that supports formerly incarcerated fathers.
- Behavioral Health Director at the Minnesota Department of Human Services. I provided oversight of Minnesota’s behavioral health care system, including children’s mental health and Early Childhood Mental Health consultation and school-linked mental health programs.
- Master of Arts in Psychology
- Graduate Certificates in Marriage and Family Therapy, and Addiction Studies
- Licensed in Marriage and Family Therapy, Clinical Social Work, and Alcohol and Drug Counseling.
- Completing my Ph.D. in Management and Public Service.