At BUILD I…
lead a team of experienced communications professionals, setting the goals and methods of BUILD’s outreach activities. My work focuses on the external communications of the organization, including social media strategy, graphics, video development, messaging, email communications, and web content development.
I do this work because …
I believe the collective efforts of skilled, dedicated people can change the lives of marginalized children and families. I am passionate about packaging and disseminating information to help state leaders understand, digest, and apply the skills and practices that will strengthen their early childhood systems.
I am most proud of…
the establishment of BUILD’s regular external communications, including email communications and social media expansion. I also love that we’ve invested the time in building out BUILD’s video library, putting a spotlight on game-changing state leaders, as well as annual conference keynote speakers Nikole Hannah-Jones and Sara Lawrence Lightfoot.
When the day is done…
I’m probably running after my two little kids, making ice cream from scratch, or daydreaming about my next trip.
- Independent Consultant
- ePals: Senior Marketing Communications Manager
- Between 2008 and 2012, I filled the following roles at United Way Worldwide:
- Communications Manager, International Network
- Communications Manager, Education
- Communications Manager, Success By 6
- Community Access Unlimited: Marketing and Fundraising Coordinator
- Rennselaer Polytechnic Institute: B.S. in Communications
- Georgetown University School of Continuing Studies: Certificate in Marketing