At BUILD I…
provide technical assistance to support the efforts of states, territories, tribes, and communities to improve the recruitment and retention of a diverse and qualified workforce across early care and education programs. I carry out the aim of the National ECE Workforce Center to center the experiences of educators in the field and acknowledge the historical inequities that have undermined previous efforts surrounding career advancement and compensation.
I do this work because…
I was born and raised in Mexico, immigrated to the United States as an adult, and know first-hand the challenges new immigrants face when pursuing education and employment. It is a privilege to be part of the National ECE Workforce Center team and to help advance the workforce’s well-being through improved opportunities, reduced barriers to career advancement, and equitable compensation that aligns with our personal and cultural backgrounds, values, and aspirations.
An aspect of my work that excites me…
I’m passionate about understanding what has caused the marginalization of different groups; discovering their varying circumstances is the first step in designing and implementing effective and lasting solutions.
When the day is done…
I enjoy spending time with my family; we love road trips, camping, and outdoor activities.
- National Center on Subsidy Innovation and Accountability: TA Specialist
- Oklahoma Department of Human Services: Quality Assurance Manager, Regional TA liaison, County Supervisor and SNAP and CCDF Eligibility Specialist
- Healthy Families of America- Home Visitation Specialist
- Bachelors, Business Administration, Oklahoma Panhandle State University
- Bachelors, Business Administration, Instituto Technologico de Cd. Cuauhtemoc, Chihuahua, Mexico