At BUILD I…
am the Director of State Systems Alignment and Integration and Co-Director of State Services. I work directly with state leaders to advance early childhood systems efforts in health, early learning, and family support, e.g., economic and food security. I lead work to define and create intentional practice regarding equity in early childhood system practice, policy, and leadership. My equity work includes co-leading a network of early childhood leaders to advance racial equity.
I cross organizational boundaries to create a child development lens on the work of informal organizations as well as within state agencies, including public health, housing, libraries, and museums.
- Commissioner, Department of Early Education and Care Commonwealth of Massachusetts, Boston, Massachusetts, 2009-2013
- Vice President of Human Development and Operations, The Annie E. Casey Foundation, Baltimore, Maryland, 2007-2009
- Director of Personnel and Operations, The Annie E. Casey Foundation, Baltimore, Maryland, 2005
- Senior Associate, Community Change Initiatives, Annie E. Casey Foundation, Baltimore, Maryland, 2005
- Senior Consultant, Leadership Development Unit, Annie E. Casey Foundation, Baltimore, Maryland, 2004
- President/CEO, Empower New Haven, Inc., New Haven, Connecticut, 1999-2002
- Chief of Operations, Empower Baltimore Management Corporation, Baltimore, Maryland, 1995-1999
- Director of Program Administration, Family Preservation Initiative of Baltimore City (now the Family League of Baltimore City), Baltimore, Maryland, 1993-1995
- Certificate PreK-3rd Grade, The Foundation for Educational Success Institute, Harvard University, Graduate School of Education, 2010
- Masters Certificate in Human Resource Management, Villanova University, 2005
- Doctorate, Counseling Psychology, University of Sarasota, 2001
- Master of Administrative Science, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland, 1986
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing, University of Pittsburgh School of Nursing, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, 1984