Promoting an Integrated B-5 ECCE System (Including Schools, Health Care)
- Including Family Child Care in State and City-funded Pre-K Systems: Opportunities and Challenges
- About half of the pre-K programs in 24 states allowed Family Child Care homes (FCCs) to receive state pre-K dollars either directly from the state or through subcontracting. This report examines the policies and provision of state-funded pre-K in FCCs in these 24 states and in four large cities: Denver, Philadelphia, San Francisco, and Seattle. This is followed by a discussion of the potential opportunities and challenges derived from an analysis of current state policies and the FCC literature base. Recommendations are provided for state or city leaders considering inclusion of FCCs in their pre-K programs.
- Early Care and Education Governance Infographic
- Examines the different structures and strategies–including the creation of state offices, the consolidation of others, and collaboration and coordination across several state agencies–that states employ to govern their B-5 systems.
- 50-State Comparison: Early Care and Education Governance
- Provides 50-state data on B-5 governance systems, with a focus on oversight, the level of alignment and the advisory entities for ECE.
- Improving Early Childhood Education Systems
- This policy brief explores the initial 23 states’ PDG B-5 renewal applications from early 2020, focusing on trends and innovations.
- Opportunities to Expand Support for Home-Based Child Care through the Preschool Development Grant Birth Through Five