These resources are from the December 5, 2022 webinar.
- A New Approach Webinar: Panelist Bios
- LENA Grow Impact Report
- Analysis of QRIS scores and adult-child interaction
- “New Data Analysis: One in Five Children in Child Care Spends Most of the Day in Language Isolation”
- “Research Shows Links between LENA Grow Participation and Social-emotional Growth”
- LENA’s 14 Talking Points
- Virginia Infant & Toddler Specialist Network (VA ITSN)
- “Changing the Lives of Babies, Young Children and Their Families”
- “Colorado Quality Initiatives Brief Overview”
- “State and Federal Stimulus Strategies: Ensure All Families Have Equitable and Easy Access”
- “Colorado Early Childhood Mental Health Support Line: Answers to Frequently Asked Questions”
- “Colorado Office of Early Childhood Federal Stimulus Funding FAQ”
Blog January 31, 2023
BUILD recently interviewed five parent leaders about their experience in parent coalitions. In addition to reminding us of the need to address implicit bias on behalf of all families and children, they provided their thoughts on ways to ensure the coalitions fulfill their purpose and best meet the needs of families, and whether there’s room for improvement in the way they function. Here’s what they told us.
Archived Meeting Resources January 31, 2023
States are making significant advancements in their quality improvement systems (QIS) as they look for solutions to widen the aperture and fully embrace a mixed-delivery system that will best serve children, families, and the early care and education workforce. To achieve this, QIS policies need to become more flexible and create different pathways to quality, including a variety of established, high-quality delivery models. In this session participants heard how Montessori programs are working with state leaders from Illinois, Michigan, and Washington to be part of the QIS.
Blog January 18, 2023
Under 3 DC Coalition members Sia Barbara Ferguson Kamara, LaDon Love, and Kim Perry contributed to this blog.