A New Approach to Data-Driven Quality Improvement in Early Childhood Programs Webinar Resources
State Quality Improvement Systems (QIS) leaders are reexamining the initiatives, tools, programs, and investments in their quality improvement frameworks. They are looking at initiatives in terms of cost and scalability, alignment with philosophy, how the initiatives work together, impact and evaluation, and particularly, provider perspectives. Some states, including those that use the LENA Grow program, are tracking program participation in initiatives to better understand the type of support that contributes to building quality programs and improving outcomes for children. In this webinar we hear about LENA Grow and other ways leaders from Colorado, Indiana, Virginia, and North Carolina are implementing innovative data-driven initiatives to improve quality.
- A New Approach Webinar: Panelist Bios
- LENA Grow Impact Report
- Analysis of QRIS scores and adult-child interaction
- “New Data Analysis: One in Five Children in Child Care Spends Most of the Day in Language Isolation”
- “Research Shows Links between LENA Grow Participation and Social-emotional Growth”
- LENA’s 14 Talking Points
- Virginia Infant & Toddler Specialist Network (VA ITSN)
- “Changing the Lives of Babies, Young Children and Their Families”
- “Colorado Quality Initiatives Brief Overview”
- “State and Federal Stimulus Strategies: Ensure All Families Have Equitable and Easy Access”
- “Colorado Early Childhood Mental Health Support Line: Answers to Frequently Asked Questions”
- “Colorado Office of Early Childhood Federal Stimulus Funding FAQ”
Child Welfare and Early Childhood: Cross-Systems Collaboration to Improve Outcomes for Young Children and their Families Webinar Series Report
Report May 26, 2023
This report summarizes the webinar series Child Welfare and Early Childhood: Cross-Systems Collaboration to Improve Outcomes for Young Children and Their Families. The five webinars were held monthly from January through May 2022 and were facilitated by Dr. Cynthia L. Tate, of BUILD.
Incorporating Home-Based Educator Wellness in Equitable Early Childhood Systems
Video May 2, 2023
In this session, Shayla Collins (UW Center for Child & Family Well-Being), Dr. Rena Hallam (Delaware Institute for Excellence in Early Childhood), and Dr. Laura Lessard (Childcare Wellbeing Initiative) shared Shining the Light on You, their innovative wellness program designed for family child care educators, and Pilar Torres (L.U.N.A.) discussed ways to embed HBCC wellness support into ECE systems for educators whose primary language is Spanish.
Story of the Granny Midwives
Video April 24, 2023
This video about the original midwives, is a reminder of the the systematic eradication of Black midwives, as well as the hope and promise of the work Black midwives and doulas are reclaiming.