QRIS 101: Diverse Perspectives on Building an Equitable Quality Framework
This session was a BUILD 2022 National Conference pre-conference session.
This session focused on developing quality in early childhood education with respect for the diversity of children, families, child care programs, providers, and communities across islands, states, and tribes.
Diverse perspectives were shared as panelists highlighted:
- Tribes’ cultural and linguistic differences and perspectives on quality in early childhood education.
- Island communities’ strengths, challenges, and perspectives on quality in early childhood education to meet the needs of diverse populations
- State quality initiatives and innovations in community responsiveness to meet the needs of diverse populations
- Research perspectives, community cultural assets, recommendations and reflections
- National overview of the past 20 years of QRIS and opportunities for the continuous quality improvement of early childhood education
Child Welfare and Early Childhood: Cross-Systems Collaboration to Improve Outcomes for Young Children and their Families Webinar Series Report
Report May 26, 2023
This report summarizes the webinar series Child Welfare and Early Childhood: Cross-Systems Collaboration to Improve Outcomes for Young Children and Their Families. The five webinars were held monthly from January through May 2022 and were facilitated by Dr. Cynthia L. Tate, of BUILD.
Incorporating Home-Based Educator Wellness in Equitable Early Childhood Systems
Video May 2, 2023
In this session, Shayla Collins (UW Center for Child & Family Well-Being), Dr. Rena Hallam (Delaware Institute for Excellence in Early Childhood), and Dr. Laura Lessard (Childcare Wellbeing Initiative) shared Shining the Light on You, their innovative wellness program designed for family child care educators, and Pilar Torres (L.U.N.A.) discussed ways to embed HBCC wellness support into ECE systems for educators whose primary language is Spanish.
Story of the Granny Midwives
Video April 24, 2023
This video about the original midwives, is a reminder of the the systematic eradication of Black midwives, as well as the hope and promise of the work Black midwives and doulas are reclaiming.