Refugee Experiences of Relocation
This slide deck is from the first webinar in a series that explores how we can support the refugee family experience in the US. What families and young children experience prior to resettlement in the US is often misunderstood or misrepresented by the media. In this webinar, we heard from Pamoja Early Childhood Workforce Program and early childhood educators who have experienced resettlement. We learned about the assets these families bring to communities and the workforce, as well as what they want systems to know about their experiences.
Access the recording here.
- Fiscal Year 2020 Refugees and Asylees Annual Flow Report
- How Does the U.S. Refugee System Work?
- Refugee Processing Center
- The United Nations Refugee Agency
- Child Migration
- Refugees, Asylum-Seekers, and Migrants
- Internally Displaced People
- Refugees and Asylees in the United States
- Life in Limbo – Inside the World’s 10 Largest Refugee Camps
- UNHCR: Ghana
- Refugee Data Finder
- U.S. Annual Refugee Resettlement Ceilings and Number of Refugees Admitted
- Sate-by-State Refugee Resettlement
- Colorado’s Refugee Population Explained in Four Charts
Empowering the Early Childhood Workforce with the Environment Rating Scales Using LearnERS
Archived Webinar March 20, 2023
The ECE workforce is facing a staffing crisis and needs support. During this webinar, a panel of experts from Arkansas, New Jersey, and Rhode Island shared how they use LearnERS to support and empower the ECE workforce.
A Whole Family Systems Approach to Promoting Stability in Minnesota: A Conversation Between Mayors
Video March 16, 2023
In this video, a Mayoral panel have a conversation about their different approaches to guaranteed income work.
A Whole Family Systems Approach to Promoting Economic Stability in MN: Kasey Wiedrich
Video March 16, 2023
Kasey Wiedrich is the Financial Capability Manager in the Office of Financial Empowerment for the City of Saint Paul, MN. In this video, Kasey shares about the guaranteed income work happening in Saint Paul.