Transitions Between and Across Programs
- State Policies to Enhance Transitions Into Kindergarten
- This policy guide provides an overview of state strategies for streamlining and making successful the transition from pre-K into K, drawing on examples and innovations from nine states.
- Transition to Kindergarten: Findings from Recent Research (2016-2021)
- This report draws on current research and state examples to highlight actionable takeaways for state policymakers to improve kindergarten transitions systems in their states.
- A Toolkit for Effective and Supportive Transitions for Children, Families, and Educators in Fall 2021 and Beyond
- State and local officials must establish effective and supportive transition policies that recognize an ongoing process and include collaboration across ECE settings and elementary schools. This toolkit offers immediate steps needed to strengthen children’s transition this coming year and beyond.